Tuesday, September 17, 2013

God at Work

Tuesday greetings!  I hope that as your day comes to an end and you look back at how your Tuesday has played out for you... that you have one thought going through your head.

Thank you, Lord, for all the gifts of this day!

Am I right!?

Let’s be honest, a lot of the times we may look back at our day and this thought never even comes close to crossing our mind. 

If you ask me, I think most of the time, this is normal.  We may just be busy with our everyday lives, have just experienced a tragedy, going through a rough patch in your life, or you may have even had just a regular day.  But when the sun goes down, how often do we look to God and say thank you, for all of your great works I saw today.

When the rays of the sun creep through the cracks of your blinds and that little beam of light lands directly on your face and wakes you up before you wanted to get up.

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of the sun.

When you get home from school late and look over your planner and immediately become stressed out as you prepare for the long night ahead.  Step one, blow on your thumbs (it actually helps calm you down!) 

Thank you, Lord, for the amazing opportunity to be provided with such a great education and for the ability to learn.

When a loved one passes and you are so upset and angry that they are no longer there with you.

Thank you, Lord, for the time we had together and for the memories that I will cherish forever.

When you stub your toe and it literally feels that every single bone in you baby toe has been crushed by a hammer and it is the worst pain you have ever felt.

Thank you, Lord, for the ability to walk and for the gift of healing.

When you get stuck at work late and can’t wait to get home to your family (or pets).


When you look back at your day, what really has taken place that has got you to where you are, at this exact moment.

Thank you, Lord, for the miracles that have occurred that has allowed me to be in this position.  Through your Grace, you have blessed me with many gifts and talents.  Thank you for the courage to share them with others.  Thank you for the people on my life that continually teach me and are there for me no matter how big or small the situation may be.  As I sit here and really think about the events of the day….It really becomes clear. 

God has been very very busy.


And tomorrow, when the rays of the sun or the barking of my dog wake me before my alarm is actually suppose to go off,  I will smile and say “Thank you, Lord”.

No comments:

Post a Comment