Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Be still...

So, it is no secret…these past few weeks have been busy.  Sometimes it has felt that it is just one thing after another…over and over and over…
                  
I am sure that at some point or another we have all felt this way.  One thing that I can say about having been through these times is that we tend to get so caught up in everything that we have to do.  We stress ourselves out with everything we have to get done and make to do lists out-lining what we have to get done. 

Many times I use these entries as a way to think through something that I am going through personally or just to help remind myself of a lesson that I have learned in the past.

Many times I have spoken about taking time for yourself.  How that before you can be well and take care of others you must take care of yourself. 

I normally would now go on to tell of a personal story or talk more about this concept and tie it into scripture.

Well today I am going to do something new.

Instead of just speaking of it…I am going to live…

So today my challenge is to do something for yourself.

Slow down.  Stop doing whatever you are doing.

I want you to know spend the next 5 minutes in silence.

Clear your mind…dont think of all the things you have to do…

Just let them all go.

“Be still and now that I am God”

            -Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment