Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Happening #52 Reflection

Afternoon greetings everybody.  Hope everyone is doing well.  This past weekend, I had the distinct honor of being apart of an amazing event called Happening.  For those of you who do not know, Happening is a spiritual renewal weekend that is put on by the youth of the church.  As a former Happener of #34, I am very happy to once again be apart of this incredible weekend. (We are now up to #53.)
 
Throughout the weekend, you are surrounded by friends, music, compassion, and the spirit of Christ.  Sometimes we find it difficult to see how God is working in our lives.  Sometimes it is even harder to understand how we can be playing that role for others.  At Happening, you see a group of 60+ and you see the amazing works of Christ shining through everyone there.  Regardless of where you are on your own spiritual journey, you are like Christ to someone.  You inspire someone, you are teaching someone, you are helping someone come closer to Christ, just by being you. 
 
One of the greatest things I saw this weekend was the pure selflessness of so many people, who sacrificed so much of their time to make this weekend happen.  They were true servant leaders.
 
 
 
 The Servant Song
Brother, let me be your servant.
Let me be as Christ to you.
Pray that I might have the grace
To let you be my servant, too.

We are pilgrims on a journey.
We are brothers on the road.
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load.

I will hold the Christ-light for you
In the night time of your fear.
I will hold my hand out to you;
Speak the peace you long to hear.

I will weep when you are weeping.
When you laugh, I'll laugh with you.
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we've seen this journey through.

When we sing to God in heaven,
We shall find such harmony
Born of all we've known together
Of Christ's love and agony

No comments:

Post a Comment